Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ahem* don't really know where to put this

2 posters

Go down

*ahem* don't really know where to put this Empty *ahem* don't really know where to put this

Post by Guest 2008-12-26, 14:04

Do you guys think I should write a review on Rock Revolution? I just don't think anyone would use it...

Back to top Go down

*ahem* don't really know where to put this Empty Re: *ahem* don't really know where to put this

Post by Guest 2008-12-26, 14:16

I think a review would be great for that game. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it.

Back to top Go down

*ahem* don't really know where to put this Empty Re: *ahem* don't really know where to put this

Post by Guest 2008-12-26, 14:18

bluedude426 wrote:I think a review would be great for that game. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it.

A lot of people do. The problem is that everyone thinks it's just like guitar hero, but it's not. It's more like a game than guitar hero.

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2008-12-26, 14:26

You should. We'll make a Misc. Rhythm Games forum for it.
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-08-04

North Fantopia Government

https://fansonfire1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-27, 13:41

Here! http://download72.mediafire.com/3xm1242zycng/dmkzahlwz5z/Rock+Revolution.doc
Its not too long, about 850 words. This is just a draft, if I'm missing something, please tell me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-27, 13:46

I'll be sure to read that. When I'm not working on my Bullet Theme.

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2008-12-27, 13:46

Um...

Can you convert that to a Notepad document? Razz
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-27, 14:12

Rock Revolution is basically Konami's comeback of it's 1998 Japanese hits, Guitar freaks and DrumMania. These two games were the building blocks of today's insanely popular rhythm games. Guitar Hero and Rock Band were most likely spinoffs of these two arcade games. Konami has decided that they want in, too, so they started working on Rock Revolution. Rock Revolution is a rhythm game similar to guitar hero or rock band, but with a twist. It has more game-like features than Guitar hero. Not only do you have to beat the song, but during career, there a re extra challenges. The challenges are pretty hard; things like “poison notes” on drums have me dumbfounded. In each gig, there are 3 songs and 6 gigs. 3 of the gigs are just the songs, and the other 3 are challenges. Finish 3 gigs to turn the disk gold, and finish all 6 to turn the disk platinum. But theres much more to the game. Read on to find out.

Compatibility
Rock revolution is mostly focused on drums. They don't produce guitar controllers; you have to obtain one yourself. I advise you not to get the rock revolution drumset. It is terribly confusing and could ruin your fun. Buy the Rock Band set instead. All you have to do is set the game to use 5 lanes instead of 7. You can use any guitar controller combatible with guitar hero or rock band. All the major controllers will do.

Guitar
The guitar section of the game is very simple: press down the fret button and push down or pull up the strum bar. During career, the challenges make it difficult, but it is much easier than drums. The only differences are that the notes come down the screen, instead of towards you, and there is no star power/overdrive. There is a similar thing to star power, though. Power. When you reach all the way up to the green in atmosphere meter (like the rock meter) your extra energy gets transferred to your power meter. When your power meter is full, you can tilt your guitar for a quick surge of energy. It can raise your score up very high when your atmosphere meter is all the way up and your perfect gauge (multiplier) is at 8.

Drums
Drums in this game are very different. One difference that might throw you off is the way they show kick hits. They are resemble just like another pad, as opposed to Rock Band's bass line. It's confusing at first, but you get the hang of it eventually. It's just a different way of looking at the drums. The Rock Revolution drums are a 6 pad set, with a bass pedal. They have an extremely confusing setup; I would not recommend them.

Gameplay
Gameplay is sort of complicated. There are a lot of meters and gauges that you have to be looking at in order to keep informed. There are 4 main things. Your highway (the place where the notes are), the atmosphere meter (your rock meter) your perfect gauge (multiplier) and your combo (streak counter). Let's start with the highway. The highway is the place where the notes come down. I am assuming you know what to do with these notes, as I've explained it earlier in the review. That is a very simple concept to grasp. Next is the atmosphere meter. The atmosphere meter is like your rock meter in guitar hero or rock band, but theres a catch. The way you earn power is overflow of the atmosphere meter. Once you reach the top of the meter, your power meter starts to fill up. Think of power as the excess energy that you are producing. If you get too far in the red, you can use your power to save yourself. If you don't have any power, you better get your act together or you are gonna fail. Next is the perfect gauge. This is like your multiplier. The only difference is that the only way to increase it is to hit notes perfectly, meaning right when they hit the target. If you miss a note, you lose a multiplier. So if you had an 8x, but missed a note, you would have a 7x. If you missed 2 notes, you would go down to a 5x, then a 1x. Next is the combo counter. It's very simple: you hit a note, and the combo meter counts it. If you hit 376 notes in a row, the combo meter would say 376. Very simple.

Songlist
The songlist is actually better than the other games, in my opinion. They have very well known songs. The problem is, they are all covers. Some of the covers sound so bad, it makes me think they were recorded by a barbie tape recorder. But, other than that, the songs are all fretted okay.

Conclusion
I think this game is worth the price of $29.99. It's got good songs, fun charts, and challenging challenges. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who enjoys jamlegend or guitar hero.

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2008-12-27, 14:39

Thanks! Looks like a great buy Very Happy
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-27, 17:06

rate it well so I get money!
http://www0.epinions.com/review/Rock_Revolution_for_Xbox_360/content_455846497924

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2008-12-28, 14:48

I can't rate. I have to be a member
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-28, 15:24

Oh yeah lol forgot about that. I got 6 ratings already anyway. they were all "helpful" which means I'll get like $.76 Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Zpj 2008-12-28, 15:25

Wow, sounds like a waste of time, because you don't get much.
Zpj
Zpj
Noob Fretter

Number of posts : 3339
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.ravenriley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-28, 15:33

well, I have $3.12 now, but I enjoy writing them. They are useful to people Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zpj 2008-12-28, 15:36

They are useful, but is it worth the time?

Well, if you enjoy doing it, then I guess it is worth the time.
Zpj
Zpj
Noob Fretter

Number of posts : 3339
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.ravenriley.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-28, 18:45

Yeah, especially when I'm bored, it normally keeps me from IMing people and bothering them xD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-28, 23:00

How are you supposed to get money by people rating a review?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-29, 08:25

Oh, epinions has little competitions, and stuff like "Write 5 reviews in january and get 5 dollars if they are rated helpful" And then they send you a chek when you reach 10 dollars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-29, 22:25

So it's not like paypal or anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-29, 23:00

Nope, just a check. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum