Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My somewhat retarded thoughts (Atheists will agree more)

4 posters

Go down

My somewhat retarded thoughts  (Atheists will agree more) Empty My somewhat retarded thoughts (Atheists will agree more)

Post by quakegod667 2009-03-04, 00:38

My aunt's cat got put down not long ago (WTF does a cat have to do to spark a profound series of thoughts?).

That got me thinking about life, death, and existence itself.

On Worth and Reason:
I was feeling sad. Then I realized... it doesn't matter anyway. None of our personal feelings or opinions are going to help any person in any way. Even then, if we help a person, they are going to die. There is NOTHINGNESS at the end of the tunnel. Because when it all comes down to it, it's basically meaningless. Worthless.

When you die, you die. Nothing else. No rebirth or return to existence.

When you die, everything you knew, did or thought is meaningless in the long run. Sure, it helped people, but when they die, the things you did to improve their lives dies with them. All of your loved ones will be gone in the end. All that you liked or favored will be destroyed. All your actions will be insignificant.

Tell me, what good is it to improve one's life if they are going to die anyway? It's like washing a dog diagnosed with a deadly tumor.

Is it even worth it in the end? Does life have a reason? You live, you die, that's it. Nothing. Everything is forfeit.

It's suffocating to know that everything you do is worthless and you will die; and there's nothing you can do to change that.

On Avoiding Death:
People still try to avoid dying, even though they know it's inevitable.

What good does it do to have a longer life, if the life is miserable?

They should focus more on improving what little time we have to live instead of lengthening a miserable life.

On Death and Its Inevitablility:
Death... the catalyst of so much gloom and fear and panic. Why exactly do we fear dying? Is it truly that much worse than life?

Is it the fact that we never get to see our loved ones again? Your so-called religion teaches that you'll see them again in heaven.

Is it the fact that you are scared of what others think of you? They're gonna all die anyway, so therefore, it is a moot point.

Maybe it's just overreacting paranoia?

Probably.

Death is just resting from the tiring reality of life. It is, in no way, something to be feared. Many people search frantically trying to escape death and achieve immortality. That dream can never be achieved. We all die. It's perfectly natural, yet people are desperate for a way to avoid it.

People just don't know that it looks worse than it is.

On Religion:
"It's not about proof, it's about faith."

That is the popular phrase most religious people hide behind to hide the fact that they have no discernible proof or sense or experience that they have ever had contact with their God, and in no way, have proof that he truly exists.

The main thing with religion is supposed to be an afterlife. Heaven or Hell.

This is what delusional paranoia and fear of death has created.

An escape from the bleakness of mankind's current situation. A Paradise.

And people, desperate for anything that gives proof that life has a certain meaning and death is not as cold and empty as it is, latched onto it.

You die. Suck it up. It's gonna happen, no matter what you tell yourself, your time will come.

Just like everybody else.

*quakegod667 apologizes in advance for any offensive statements made in the segment above*

Closing Thoughts:
My thoughts and statements look pretty bleak. If there was a redeeming factor in the cold, dark, ice of our mortality and impermanence, it would be this:

At least we get 80 years of freedom before facing the abyss.

So, those are my insane, morbid thoughts on everything. I just needed to really let my thoughts out (as gay as it sounds).

Last edited by quakegod667 on 2009-03-04, 12:01; edited 2 times in total
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2009-02-08

North Fantopia Government

Back to top Go down

My somewhat retarded thoughts  (Atheists will agree more) Empty Re: My somewhat retarded thoughts (Atheists will agree more)

Post by Zpj 2009-03-04, 03:38

On Worth and Reason:
I was feeling sad. Then I realized... it doesn't matter anyway. None of our personal feelings or opinions are going to help any person in any way. Even then, if we help a person, they are going to die. There is NOTHINGNESS at the end of the tunnel. Because when it all comes down to it, it's basically meaningless. Worthless.
It's not about what happens after you die. It's about what you do while you are alive. If what you do while you are alive doesn't mean anything, and isn't worth anything, why are you keeping yourself alive? Why don't you just go jump in front of a train right now? Why didn't you do that the moment you thought of this?

(I'm not telling you to commit suicide, I'm just saying, if life is so worthless, why live?)

When you die, you die. Nothing else. No rebirth or return to existence.

When you die, everything you knew, did or thought is meaningless in the long run. Sure, it helped people, but when they die, the things you did to improve their lives dies with them. All of your loved ones will be gone in the end. All that you liked or favored will be destroyed. All your actions will be insignificant.
Again, if nothing happens, why not make it go faster? Jump in front of a train. It won't hurt, and nothing will happen.

Tell me, what good is it to improve one's life if they are going to die anyway? It's like washing a dog diagnosed with a deadly tumor.
You help them make life worth living. If you help them, you keep them from wanting to jump in front of a train.

Is it even worth it in the end? Does life have a reason? You live, you die, that's it. Nothing. Everything is forfeit.
If everything is forfeit, why live? Jump in front of a train.

It's suffocating to know that everything you do is worthless and you will die; and there's nothing you can do to change that.
Same thing, again.

On Avoiding Death:
People still try to avoid dying, even though they know it's inevitable.
People avoid dying because they want to live, and life is good.

What good does it do to have a longer life, if the life is miserable?
Life isn't miserable. If life is, then jump in front of a train. People want to live because it isn't miserable.

They should focus more on improving what little time we have to live instead of lengthening a miserable life.
What do you mean? People DO try to improve the time they have. They just get a few bumps on the road, then go on with trying to improve their life.

On Death and Its Inevitablility:
Death... the catalyst of so much gloom and fear and panic. Why exactly do we fear dying? Is it truly that much worse than life?
If you are saying that we should not fear death, then yes, I agree with you. We should not be afraid of dying, especially atheists. If nothing happens, why are you afraid? There is nothing to be afraid of.

Is it the fact that we never get to see our loved ones again? Your so-called religion teaches that you'll see them again in heaven.
"So-called religion"? I have to agree that Christians should also not be afraid of death, because they will go to heaven if they behave. Thus they should not jump in front of a train, because then they have a good reason to be afraid of death.

Is it the fact that you are scared of what others think of you? They're gonna all die anyway, so therefore, it is a moot point.
Where does this fit in with death?

Death is just resting from the tiring reality of life. It is, in no way, something to be feared. Many people search frantically trying to escape death and achieve immortality. That dream can never be achieved. We all die. It's perfectly natural, yet people are desperate for a way to avoid it.
People do not seek immortality. Where do you get this?

On Religion:
"It's not about proof, it's about faith."

That is the popular phrase most religious people hide behind to hide the fact that they have no discernible proof or sense or experience that they have ever had contact with their God, and in no way, have proof that he truly exists.
"Religious people hide behind"? Religious people do not "hide" behind this. Religious people do not need a "barrier" of some kind.

If you do not want to believe in something without proof, then you are better off being an Atheist anyway. I've said this so many times, and it's true.

If you believe in a God, then you do not need proof. It's about believing, and that's all that counts. If you don't want to believe in something without proof, be a skeptic, it doesn't hurt us, it doesn't hurt you. Everyone is happy.

The main thing with religion is supposed to be an afterlife. Heaven or Hell.

This is what delusional paranoia and fear of death has created.

An escape from the bleakness of mankind's current situation. A Paradise.
Saying that "nothing happens" is just as much of a guess as saying "there is a Heaven and a Hell".

Again, life isn't bad. If it is, then either keep going and hope that you go to Heaven, or be an Atheist, and jump in front a train.

And people, desperate for anything that gives proof that life has a certain meaning and death is not as cold and empty as it is, latched onto it.
Seriously though, why not?

You die. Suck it up. It's gonna happen, no matter what you tell yourself, your time will come.

Just like everybody else.
Everyone knows this already.

Ok now I've replied to pretty much everything you said. Again, I don't want people to commit suicide, but if that is a person's attitude towards life, then there is no reason for them to keep going.

I don't know what you wanted to prove with this post, but I have this to say:
Religious people believe in what they believe in. Atheists believe in what they believe in. Atheists can not change the mind of the Religious, just like the Religious can't change the mind of the Atheists.
Zpj
Zpj
Noob Fretter

Number of posts : 3339
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.ravenriley.com

Back to top Go down

My somewhat retarded thoughts  (Atheists will agree more) Empty Re: My somewhat retarded thoughts (Atheists will agree more)

Post by Guest 2009-03-04, 07:03

Zpj wrote:Jump in front of a train. It won't hurt, and nothing will happen.

I beg to differ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zpj 2009-03-04, 08:42

What do you mean? It wont hurt because it's instant. After that nothing happens. I thought of anyone, you would agree the most Razz.
Zpj
Zpj
Noob Fretter

Back to top Go down

Post by quakegod667 2009-03-04, 09:00

This is turning out into quite the TACO FAIL. And Zpj, I'm not trying to prove anything, I just thought I would post my thoughts at the time (I was possessed or something, IDKWTF I posted). I'm not trying to say *COMMIT SUICIDE!!!! YOU NEED TO DIE SOMEDAY, SO WHY NOT NOW?*, in fact, I pretty much enjoy my life. I *actually* have morals, contrary to what it seems like. I'm not trying to convert anybody to anything. I was feeling rather depressed (not about the cat, IDK why, I'm not emo) the night I posted that.

And also, about the train, it wouldn't be the fact that you would die, it would be the fact that if what if something goes WRONG? If you end up surviving the crash (somehow), then you just effed up your life (you would probably die an hour later in the hospital, though).

And plus, I don't recalling saying anything about there being no pain during dying. Regardless, if you got hit by a train, you would be hurt. To say the absolute least.
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zpj 2009-03-04, 09:30

I see. Well this post made you look really emo to be honest <_<.
Zpj
Zpj
Noob Fretter

Back to top Go down

Post by quakegod667 2009-03-04, 09:44

I know. It sucks. To be honest, I don't know why the hell I posted this in the first place.
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-03-04, 10:10

Well it is your own thoughts and feelings, although I agree 100% with Zpj, and I also believe in the Catholic faith, again, that's just me. You're entitled to your own opinion, and as long as it's structured and well thought out, I don't see why you can't post and express yourself (which your post was just that). But you also have to consider the fact that people will want to beg the differ and explain to you why they believe the things they do as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zpj 2009-03-04, 10:34

Twuk wrote:Well it is your own thoughts and feelings, although I agree 100% with Zpj, and I also believe in the Catholic faith, again, that's just me. You're entitled to your own opinion, and as long as it's structured and well thought out, I don't see why you can't post and express yourself (which your post was just that). But you also have to consider the fact that people will want to beg the differ and explain to you why they believe the things they do as well.
This.
Zpj
Zpj
Noob Fretter

Back to top Go down

Post by quakegod667 2009-03-04, 12:05

Yeah. This is stupid, though.
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-03-04, 15:16

Zpj wrote:I see. Well this post made you look really emo to be honest <_<.

I lol'd.

As much as I am an Atheist, I didn't really catch the vibe of the post.

Back to top Go down

Post by quakegod667 2009-03-04, 16:23

^^^^^
... hence my many posts saying that my post was retarded, emo, stupid, and worthless.
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-03-04, 17:42

Well for the trying to live your life longer part.

I am the compete opposite, I want to do fun dangerous things. Me and my friend have to do all of the following before we dies

1 Sky Dive... Who doesn't want to jump out of a plane!
2 Budgie jump... Ever wants to jump off a cliff!
3 Base Jumping... The cliff with no strings attached!

I also want a short life not past 70...

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-06-10, 21:17

bump

If you help someone and live your life to the fullest, you inspire others who live longer, and they inspire others after them, and others after them...

You save the world.
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-08-04

https://fansonfire1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KermitForPrez 2009-06-10, 21:49

If, during your life, you save the cheerleader...

You save the world.

My somewhat retarded thoughts  (Atheists will agree more) 250px-STCSTW
KermitForPrez
KermitForPrez
Legend

Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-09-10

http://piggyforce.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-06-10, 22:19

KermitForPrez wrote:If, during your life, you save the cheerleader...

You save the world.

My somewhat retarded thoughts  (Atheists will agree more) 250px-STCSTW

woo
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KermitForPrez 2009-06-10, 22:23

I couldn't resist. Razz
KermitForPrez
KermitForPrez
Legend

Number of posts : 1764
Registration date : 2008-09-10

http://piggyforce.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-06-10, 22:42

i dont want to turn this into another atheism vs. Chrisianity thread. but you brought this on.

You are christian.

You have a christian girlfriend who is terribly in love with you. She dies.

after a few years you marry another girl. You both grow old together and die within 3 hours of each other.

your in heaven... your girlfriend who died when you were young waited for you.

what does this prove? that relationships as the church sees them hold no weight?

Yet remember the verse: "In heaven we will all sit at god's table, in servitude to him".

If (as most do) we consider this life a test for the next, then where do relationships sit, in this perfect next life. Or do we lose all other emotions in god's presence.

If so, why create humanity, if (upon death) God will take away what makes us human.

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-06-10, 23:33

Wait... WHAT?! I didn't get ANY of that post.
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-06-10, 23:41

ive got a lot of thoughts going through my head thanks to this thread... sorry, its a little disjointed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-06-11, 00:06

Alright, here goes.

Humans were NOT supposed to die. It is a flaw given to us by sin. A flaw that humans obtained when Adam and Eve first sinned and were exiled. We fear death because it is NOT a natural thing. We don't know WHY it happens or what is going on when it happens, and we won't know because it isn't God's way. So God is crushed yes? His people face a terrible end, but no, he finds a loophole. This is Jesus. Jesus died as sacrifice for all sins, meaning that when people die, they can now enter heaven instead of nothingness, purgatory, take your pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by quakegod667 2009-06-11, 13:05

WHO THE FUCK BUMPED THIS?

Damnit, I just wanted this retarded shit-rant to be forgotten by the eyes of men.

Besides, my views have changed since then. I'm still an atheist (kinda, but I'm even finding things way wrong with THAT belief as well), I'm just not depressing and emo and "We're all gonna die; what's the point" anymore.

EDIT: KTown, you bastard. Why bump this?
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down