Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock bands charts are more realistic?

2 posters

Go down

Rock bands charts are more realistic? Empty Rock bands charts are more realistic?

Post by Guest 2009-04-13, 23:54

for all the whining about GH overchart vs Rockband perfection, i honestly find some GH charts alot better then their RB counterparts...

it seems that when the option comes up to do i song that GH has done, Rock Band throws the "accurate to guitarists" model out the window and goes to make a "funner" chart...

for example: Reptilia... why did they swap from lead to rhythm EVERY 3 seconds?

or

My Curse... not only did the do a similar thing, but they overcharted in places that GH had not...

this is sometimes true for songs that are RB official but i find it happens more often in the crossovers...

(i think rockband has more people making charts then GH)

Back to top Go down

Rock bands charts are more realistic? Empty Re: Rock bands charts are more realistic?

Post by Guest 2009-04-14, 04:10

lordhardware wrote:(i think rockband has more people making charts then GH)

Well, yeah... Harmonix are more-or-less devoted to the RB franchise at the moment.

Neversoft, on the other hand, haev the Tony Hawk franchise and others to deal with as well... So it's only natural that they'll have less dedicated charters.

How else do you think RB can get so many albums out in such a short space of time?

Another thing worth noting is that a lot of GH3/WT charts are really, really fun compared to their RB counterparts (Looking at you, BYOB and Paranoid)

Back to top Go down

Rock bands charts are more realistic? Empty Re: Rock bands charts are more realistic?

Post by Guest 2009-04-14, 07:17

what i meant was... the range of difference in the fretting styles in rockband songs leads me to believe rockband has more charters doing different things...

whilst guitar hero may have a standard formula that all charters must follow (some variation notwithstanding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-04-14, 07:51

I think that most times RB is more accurate and sensible. (Eye of the Tiger, Today)

Speaking of Today...the GHWT leaves out obvious parts in the guitar that I was horrified to see gone. It's in the *ONLY GUITAR INTRO* so you really can't miss it...but they did. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-04-14, 09:49

I think that whoever charted Waking The Demon at Harmonix should be fired.

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-04-14, 10:11

bluedude426 wrote:I think that whoever charted Waking The Demon at Harmonix should be fired.

^Agreed
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-08-04

North Fantopia Government

https://fansonfire1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-05-10, 14:44

Harmonix are better charters than Activison, simple fact is because Harmonix is a Music Game company, while Activision and Neversoft, make all types of games. So its no wonder the Harmonix charts are going to be better..

Back to top Go down

Post by Electro Tomato 2009-05-22, 16:27

*cough*

I disagree.

*equips cool shades*
Electro Tomato
Electro Tomato
Recognized Fretter

Number of posts : 1225
Registration date : 2009-03-23

North Fantopia Government

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-05-22, 17:33

Electro Tomato wrote:*cough*

I disagree.

*equips cool shades*

*kicks in groin and steals cool shades*

MINE.

Anyway, it does vary from charter to charter... There are some Neversoft charters that are hopeless (The one that did GH3's Number of the Beast, which WAS STILL FUN), some Neversoft charters that KICK ASS (Whoever did the GH3 chart for Hit Me With Your Best Shot needs a medal), some Harmonix charters that SUCK (Waking the Demon), some Harmonix charters that are OH HELLS YEAH awesome (Panic Attack).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-05-22, 19:07

BSRaven wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:*cough*

I disagree.

*equips cool shades*

*kicks in groin and steals cool shades*

MINE.

Anyway, it does vary from charter to charter... There are some Neversoft charters that are hopeless (The one that did GH3's Number of the Beast, which WAS STILL FUN), some Neversoft charters that KICK ASS (Whoever did the GH3 chart for Hit Me With Your Best Shot needs a medal), some Harmonix charters that SUCK (Waking the Demon), some Harmonix charters that are OH HELLS YEAH awesome (Panic Attack).

I think Number was fairly well done (overchorded but still, okay...), and I still don't see what is so terrible with Waking The Demon...

I think Neversoft's new issue is sync, not overcharting (which was still playable...). Anyone else think that Satch is terrible off sync in the non-solo parts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-05-23, 03:16

I didn't really notice it when I played Satch Boogie...

Regarding Number, you forgot the WAS STILL FUN part...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-05-24, 18:20

satch seems fine for me... ive heard the ps2 verson had some sync problems...

but number was overcharted to the point of not making sense

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-05-24, 18:42

lordhardware wrote:satch seems fine for me... ive heard the ps2 verson had some sync problems...

but number was overcharted to the point of not making sense

Where? It's just overchorded. That still makes sense...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-05-24, 19:03

... the quick sweeps?

they dont actually happen in the song

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down