Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fucking rent-a-cops...

4 posters

Go down

Fucking rent-a-cops... Empty Fucking rent-a-cops...

Post by Guest 2009-07-29, 16:53

So as you all know, I skate. I've been skateboarding for 8+ years now...seen people come in and out of the "phase". It's not a phase to me though, it's my passion in life, the only thing that has truly kept me going and the only thing I've ever truly loved. Well now that you understand all of that, here's the scoop...

As of late, members of my community have been complaining about skaters "getting in their way, vandalizing property, fighting, doing drugs on government property, etc.". I want to make this clear to all of you that these accusations do not include the majority of skateboarders, only the immature, selfish ones who aren't even real skaters. They are attention whores who like to ruin it for everyone else. Because of these complaints, they've hired Rent-A-Cops to patrol the area of where all the locals usually skate at to at least warm up. They are going way to far with it. One of my friends got out of there in cuffs the other day. Another one got patted down up against a cop car. It's fucking skateboarding people, we're not terrorists. Before when we got busted it was a simple "Hey guys I have to kick you out cause it's my job" and we understood. We'd stay away from a spot for a little while and come back, no big deal. They think they can push to ban skateboarding in my town altogether, that's not going to happen.

What they are doing cannot be right or just. I just wish people would see skateboarding the way me and some of my friends do. It's an escape, an art, a passion like I said before. It is what you make it. We're not destructive, rather we are urban gorillas who turn nothing into something. If we can look at skateboarding in this mindset, imagine how we can look at life itself.

I expect many contradictions to my post of course, but I just wanted to get it all off of my chest, thanks for reading.

Back to top Go down

Fucking rent-a-cops... Empty Re: Fucking rent-a-cops...

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-07-29, 17:07

Truth truth truth.

It's everyone who doesn't have that wanting it, and because they can't have that mindset, they have to ruin it for everyone else. I'm with you, dude.
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-08-04

North Fantopia Government

https://fansonfire1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scooter1974 2009-07-29, 17:15

It's really hard when a few people ruin it for the rest of you and all I can say is stick with it if its something you love. We had a similar problem a few years back with a few kids doing the same thing and then the town woke up and built a huge skate park away from everyone where all the skaters could hang out, problem solved. I myself have nothing against skateboarding as my step-son does it himself. I even went with him one time using his spare board but it was a complete failure (I'm 6'6 and all leg Razz). Anyway man if its something you wanna do, do it. There's always going to be closed minded people standing in your way and some douchebag ruining it for everyone else. Is there a spot away from people that you can go?
scooter1974
scooter1974
Metalhead

Number of posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-07-29, 17:32

Yeah man, there's a bunch of spots away from all this, but it's quite a drive, but I've been taking it every day cause it's just so worth it. Me and a few friends are trying to kill them with kindness by taking a stand against them through the county board and everything. Hopefully it will pull through. Thanks for understanding guys Very Happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by quakegod667 2009-07-29, 22:19

Twuk wrote:We're not destructive, rather we are urban gorillas who turn nothing into something.

Funny, I didn't know gorillas lived in the city. I didn't know they had a purpose for existence, either. Razz
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-07-29, 22:28

scooter1974 wrote:There's always going to be closed minded people standing in your way and some douchebag ruining it for everyone else.

Sounds like my dammed math teacher last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox_grl93 2009-07-29, 23:00

That is bull, in everything you do there is always some person or group that skrews up but that doesn't mean it should ruin it for everyone. I agree, skating is an art. It is not in the least easy and for a lot of people its there escape, their passion, their reason to live day to day. Anyone who wants to take that away and thinks they have the right to take that away has problems
Fox_grl93
Fox_grl93
Rock Star

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://myspace.com/fox_grl93

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-07-29, 23:02

No kidding.

Speaking of, we're going to go ride dirtbikes and ATVs soon, because I said so Razz
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Number of posts : 5571

https://fansonfire1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum