Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fretting And Playing Contest Of February

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Fretting And Playing Contest Of February Empty The Fretting And Playing Contest Of February

Post by Guest 2009-02-11, 18:51

I know it's a bit late to start it, but I want to anyway.

So, here's the deal. We need 3 or 4 judges, and since we don't have a lot of members to participate, judges CAN submit charts. The other judges will judge that chart. So, what we do is we all submit charts. The best chart will be used for the playing contest. I think that the top 3 or 5 songs should be included, but we'll see how 1 works for now. There will also be a Drum section.

Now we start with the Fretting. The charts can be made whenever, and they are due before February 21st. This way we can judge and then have the playing contest before March. Judges can judge on their own preferences, we don't need specific guidelines. Judges need to have the charts judged by the 25th, and the playing scores for the chart are due by the 27th.

And finally, the beloved post.

GUITAR

Judges

1. Bluedude426
2. KTownEgghead
3. Amantonas

Entries

All That Remains - The Deepest Grey
Arch Enemy - Mechanic God Creation
Avenged Sevenfold - Eternal Rest
Bullet For My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall

Results

1. Tears Don't Fall - Bluedude

2. Eternal Rest - KTown
3. Mechanic God Creation - Quakegod
4. The Deepest Grey - Imceral

Scores

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Drums

Judges

1. Bluedude
2. Amantonas

Entries

Bullet For My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall

Results

1. Tears Don't Fall - Bluedude426

Scores

Last edited by bluedude426 on 2009-02-25, 19:41; edited 8 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Fretting And Playing Contest Of February Empty Re: The Fretting And Playing Contest Of February

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-02-11, 18:59

I'll judge and submit a song when I finish.
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-08-04

North Fantopia Government

https://fansonfire1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Fretting And Playing Contest Of February Empty Re: The Fretting And Playing Contest Of February

Post by quakegod667 2009-02-11, 19:11

Well, what the hell.

I guess I'm submitting my Arch Enemy - Mechanic God Creation. It's probably not going to win, but what teh hell. I've got nothing to lose.
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-11, 19:19

I can judge, I can't fret worth a crap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-11, 20:26

I'm assuming all the above posts are referring to the Guitar section. Please specify which one from here on out so I don't get confused.

Back to top Go down

Post by quakegod667 2009-02-11, 20:29

Mine is for Guitar only.
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-11, 20:33

I can be a judge for both

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-12, 15:20

I'll enter my chart if I ever finish it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-14, 07:53

I'll enter an interesting chart.
I guess, I'll start preparing.

Last edited by jrdnxxhero on 2009-02-14, 20:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-14, 18:19

Well here is mine

All That Remains - The Deepest Gray

Click Me OR DIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by quakegod667 2009-02-14, 22:59

Megaupload iz teh suck.

Mediafire ftw.
quakegod667
quakegod667
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-02-20, 20:01

AHH DUE TOMORROW

I finished yesterday Razz

http://www.mediafire.com/?womjngmmihx

Avenged Sevenfold- "Eternal Rest"

Also, do you think drums are a good idea for now? Until we get more drum fretters, we should hold off. Besides, you'll win every month Razz
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-20, 20:51

You're asking ME if drums are necassary?

Maybe me winning every month will be enough motivation for others to start fretting drums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-20, 21:13

Question: Do I judge all charts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-20, 21:23

That's what judges do....

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-20, 21:48

Ok, cool. Just wondering. I've never been a judge before Razz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-20, 22:10

Well, you have to start sometime. Smile

I'm judging the 82 songs in the FOF-FF contest. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-21, 07:31

Wow....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-21, 11:50

Well, we should start judging. If we finish judging early, than we can do the playing contest early. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-25, 17:17

My review.

Eternal Rest - A lot of it was slightly out of sync for me. Note placement was good for the most part. I small few parts could have it a little better.

Sync - 20/30
Note Placement - 28/30
Song Choice - 25/30

Total - 72/90

Mechanic God Creation - Sync was pretty bad. Note placement could have been better in a few places.

Sync - 15/30
Note Placement - 25/30
Song Choice - 25/30

Total - 65/90

The Deepest Grey - The sync was BAD. It was hard for me to judge. Fix the sync and it would be MUCH better. Apart from that, the Chorus is tremelo picking. Bridge A and B was fretted completely wrong. The Solo was also fretted badly.

Sync - 10/30
Note Placement - 15/30
Song Choice - 25/30

Total - 50/90

Tears Don't Fall - BEST SONG EVAH Very Happy

Sync - N/A
Note Placement - N/A
Song Choice - N/A

Total - N/A

Tears Don't Fall automatically wins in drums seeing as it was the only submission. Now, waiting for KTown and Amantonas reviews. Then we all play for highest score.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-25, 17:33

I have some guitar songs to play, I'll post my Drum review now.
DRUMS :
Tears Don't Fall ~ It was pretty fun. I'm sure I would play it all the time, if it weren't on fof. I can't say I found any sync problems, but it was an overall fun chart to play Very Happy.
Sync - 25/25
Note Placement - 25/25

Overall - 50/50
100% A+
Nice job, blue!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Eternal Rest ~
I found that some of it was out of sync, and the chart could have some better note placement. I think that if you just look over it a few times, you'll find some spots that are easy fixes.

Sync - 19/25
Note Placement - 24/25

Overall - 48/50
96% B

Mechanic God Creation ~
The main problem with this song was sync. If you can fix the sync, the chart could be SO much better. The notes were placed pretty well, and I enjoyed playing this one Very Happy.

Sync - 12/25
Note Placement - 24-25

Overall - 41/50
82% C

The Deepest Grey ~
Okay, you REALLY need to work on sync. I know I'm not one to talk, cause I don't fret, but this song was very badly synced. There were also lots of problems with note placement, as Blue said.

Sync - 7/25
Note Placement - 10/25
Overall - 17/50
66% F

Tears Don't Fall ~
Nice chart. I really enjoyed this one. You did a really good job with this chart.
Sync - 25/25
Note Placement - 25/25
Overall - 50/50
100% A+

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-25, 18:26

Yay. Now we need KTown's reviews AND I'LL FINALLY BE DONE JUDGING FOR FEBRUARY! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-02-25, 18:48

AHAHA

Going to judge now.

EDIT:::

Eternal Rest - You suck at fretting. Go die.

Sync - N/A
Note Placement - N/A
Song Choice - N/A

Total - 9001/0

Mechanic God Creation - The sync wasn't great in a few places. I could find a lot of places where the note placement could have been better. A few notes were also omitted. I enjoyed the song, though!

Sync - 18/30
Note Placement - 20/30
Song Choice - 28/30

Total - 66/90

The Deepest Grey - I'm sorry to say that I didn't want to play the whole chart because of the sync. It was bad. Also, I found a lot of bad note placement and omitted notes. I recommend you go through some tabs and see what you could improve on.

Sync - 12/30
Note Placement - 16/30
Song Choice - 20/30

Total - 48/90

Tears Don't Fall - I found nothing wrong with this chart. I played it twice before, and being it's third revision, it's perfection at it's best Very Happy One of the best charts I've ever played.

Sync - 30/30
Note Placement - 30/30
Song Choice - 30/30

Total - 90/90
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2009-02-25, 19:39

Well, I won, now we gots to play. This is pretty much a who gets a higher FC score. Smile

I can't play drums though (you guys are lucky).

We have until the 28th to post scores.

Last edited by bluedude426 on 2009-02-25, 21:29; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by KTownEgghead 2009-02-25, 20:29

Fucking song is fucking bullshit fucking no fucking gold starts fuck.

The Fretting And Playing Contest Of February Fretso10

FC'd the solo! But I epic failed at the ghey ass strumming part (that is accurate Very Happy)... my hands are greasy from fries.
KTownEgghead
KTownEgghead
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next